July practice Session 2020
Hello Seals Families,
The Pinole Seals Swim Team Board is trying to put together a four week season this summer. Unfortunately, there is no safe way to run a meet at this point but we are hoping to at least get together to practice.
We have been keeping a close eye on CDC and the county regulations, and researching safe and effective ways to practice together.
Here are some of the measures we plan on taking to make the swim practice as safe as possible--
1. Staggering start times of classes. Leaving a buffer time between classes for swimmers to exit the pool before the next group enters. No class will last longer than one hour.
2. One entrance only with a monitor to mark attendance, take temperature, offer hand sanitizer and to answer any questions. The area where students will wait to enter will be marked to designate 6 foot distancing.
3. Class sizes will be limited to 12 swimmers or less (2 swimmers in each lane at opposite ends of the pool).
4. Face masks need to be worn while waiting and after exiting the pool.
5 Each swimmer will be assigned a chair to put their belongings on while they swim.
6. Locker rooms/showers will be closed and locked during practice. Swimmers may use the bathroom one at a time. There will be soap in each bathroom for hand washing.
7. 6 foot physical distancing between coaches and swimmers will be maintained as much as possible.
8. To limit possible exposure, NO parent(s) or guardian(s) or observer(s) will be allowed in the office or pool deck. Parent(s) or guardian(s) must wait outside the pool (keeping safe distancing) or in their vehicle.
9. If you need to pay tuition or take care of other transactions, we prefer that you phone with your credit card information during class time or send in a check with your swimmer. If you need to speak in person to the attendance coordinator, please wait for the entrance area to be clear of swimmers. Then you may enter keeping 6 foot distancing.
10. The office area, door handles, light switches, and both bathrooms will be cleaned between each session or sooner if needed.
11. No eating will be allowed on the pool deck or waiting area. Swimmers are to bring their own source of water. The water fountains will not be used.
12. And, OF COURSE, PLEASE -- any swimmer who is feeling ill should not come to the pool. Cough, runny nose, fever, body aches, etc. means STAY HOME.
As we learn more about the protocols and guidelines, we may implement further measures for safety as we deem necessary. Unfortunately we can not offer practice sessions to beginning swimmers because it's not safe for coaches to be in the water with swimmers.
SURVEY (one question) https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BHF7NW3
WE NEED YOUR INPUT!!!
Please respond to this email answering the following questions --
1. Are there any other safety precautions you would like to see implemented?
2. Do you have any other concerns or questions for us?
We are excited to even think about the possibility of swimming together again. But, we want to take every precaution necessary to make everyone feel comfortable and safe. If you think there are other factors we should consider, please let us know.
We hope to see you all soon.
Heidi Vasarhely and Maureen Banuelos